Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Banana Snakes


This "snake" do is in the shape of the old 80's banana clips. I have seen others doing a snake updo out of one pony tail (for example, check Babes in Hairland's HERE and Jenn of Girly Do's HERE), but I was concerned that, due to the thickness of my daughter's hair, one bun would end up WAY too big and eventually fall down. So I stretched the typical snake bun across her head from front to back.

Here's what to do:

ONE......TWO......THREE ponies (80's banana clip style)

With your ponies up, now just start at the top and...

TWIST, TWIST, TWIST
(and bobby pin the ends down as hidden as possible--I did the bobby pin ribbons like Jenn suggested)


If you want to stop when you hit the bottom pony and leave it down, I think that might look nice, too. Or you can finish off the last pony and have it all up off the neck.



And here's our final "do." Enjoy! And let me know if you try this and how it worked out!


2 comments:

Joann said...

Hey, that looks pretty cool! It almost looks like a "faux hawk!" Here's a funny. I wouldn't have to us more than one pnoy because my girls have too MUCH hair, I would have to use three ponies because they have too LITTLE hair and one wouldn't hold all the flyaways! Very cool!

♥ Boomer ♥ said...

I love the snake do!!!!! It's so so cute on you!!
(a poem for Brayla!)
I love you ~ Mimi